364: Spider-man 2




Yep. You had to have seen this coming, what with the first one. Sequel is not as good as the first in my opinion, but there are some aspects that I do like. The fact that his life is now affecting his powers and there is a strain in his relationship with Harry, his normal life is smashing heads with his superhero one. Trying to be an adult, have a job, be there for his girlfriend, and not to mention the big one of them all...college. I like seeing Peter kind of try and figure out his life, what is important and try and prioritize it. Does he really want to be Spider-man? Does he want to go back to the way his life was, except now he isn't bullied? That is a lot of responsibility and he kind of loses sight of why he really began to help people, before slowly coming back around.

Then of course there is the issue with everyone always wanting to pick on Spider-man. Harry being a big one and then finding out that his best friend has been lying to him. Mary Jane even finding out for sure that Peter was who she had kind of hypothesized at the end of the first film. Re-watching this again, I can't believe I didn't really remember any of it. The only part I remembered was the fight on the monorail through the city. Sad, huh? But you know, I haven't seen this as much as the first movie. This is maybe the 3rd time I have seen this and I do like it, just gotta catch up on watching it more times to fall in love with it as much as the first. ;)

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick