312: Princess Diaries




One movie that will never ever get old and all the jokes will continue to be hilarious. Now, fun fact, when I first saw this movie in theaters it was with my mom's friend--we miss and love you Brenda, rest in peace--and her daughter. I was leaning forward in the seat with my chin resting on my arms that were on the backs of vacant seats in front of me. During the part when she fell off the chair while trying to sit correctly, well I slid off my chair and onto the floor. My mom's friend was laughing so hard and I was confused as to what happened, but it really is funny when you think about it. Brand new movie and no indication that that was going to happen and bam. On the sticky, dirty floor of the movie theater.

Julie Andrews is the vision of regal, poised and glamorous. I mean, who wouldn't want to be trained to be a Queen by her? She is a Queen. I'm sorry Beyonce lovers in the world, but Julie Andrews holds that title. If you haven't seen Sound of Music or Mary Poppins, you are missing out. Then you get Anne Hathaway who stormed onto the scene in this movie as her first lead feature film! Everyone wanted to find out that they were a Princess secretly, to have a friend as great as Lily--even though her friend wasn't so great bagging on her in the limo--and an awesome mom, home and car. Jealous.

We could also all relate to Mia, the awkward teenager wanting to fit in while at the same time seemingly uninterested in being an 'A crowd wannabe' as Lily puts it. This also spurred the want of an electric scooter really badly at the time. Everyone learned how to wave and sit like a princess from this movie. Also the fact that the anthem for Genovia kind of takes from the Canadian anthem, but we will let that slide. ;) Love this to end, forever and for always.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick