311: Princess Bride




"As you wish."

"That word. I do not think it means, what you think it means." (About inconceivable.)

"The ROUS's, I don't believe they exist."

"Well I wouldn't want to build a summer home here, but it is actually quite lovely."

"Anyone want a Peanut?"

"I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!"

"I am Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die."

I could keep going. There is honestly too many great lines in this movie to quote and we do it on a daily basis. If you haven't read the book by Cary Elwes about the behind the scenes and what it was like to work on and film the movie, you really should. You will watch the movie with a new appreciation and those little tidbits of information will make the experience amazing and hilarious. The part where he gets knocked out outside the Fire Swamp by the six fingered man, he actually got knocked out! If you watch it, that was the scene they used thinking it was good acting until they realized he wasn't getting up, and you can tell it looked real.

I have seen this so many times, that even the main quotes that everyone knows are not only drilled into my brain, but the rest of the script is. Also there is a video game out there called King's Quest and it has the same guy who plays the Sicilian and there is a game of wits in the game. Even though it isn't Iocane powder and instead a mind control powder, it is still pretty funny that they did that from this movie. This will always be a classic treasure, it is just a shame that it didn't start out that way until it came out on VHS. Don't believe me? Read the book, 'As You Wish' by Cary Elwes. ;)

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick