306: Pride, Prejudice & Zombies




I have never seen the original movies, I have only seen Austenland and this. I haven't even read a Jane Austen book, but I do have a Jane Austen collection from Barnes and Noble in my pile of to read. You know, the really fancy hardcovers that are huge? Yeah, that collection. I do really like this movie though and I love this Darcy. I don't know how I would like the other Darcy's without their leather duster, swords, brooding and zombie killing. I'm sorry, but I love the guy who plays this Darcy. He also happened to play the Crow in Maleficent and I loved him in that too.

I am also insanely jealous of how Lily James looks. She is so beautiful, her hair, the clothes she gets to wear and elegantly fighting like a badass. I want to be Elizabeth Bennett from this movie. Maybe for Halloween one year or this year....hmmm...we shall see. Either way, I love this movie. I didn't used to like zombie movies, they scared me, but Walking Dead nipped that in the bud after a trial and error and success. There is a very deep connection between Darcy and Elizabeth, I think because there is life and death involved and they are so alike but refuse to see it until fighting for their lives. I have to say that I do wish that Darcy hadn't done what he did at the church, putting human brains in the communion, because then they wouldn't be trouncing down the gate of their wedding.

Then again, there was just a bad fallout between Darcy and the Lieutenant anyways. It might not have worked out and it might in the end. Who knows? I mean, I would like to believe that things would be better if he hadn't done that, but I mean it might have happened anyways. *shrugs* I do want to get the novel though and even though the prequel and sequel to it isn't written by the same person, it was taken over by someone who was able to continue it with the original author's blessing. At least I hope. Either way, I want to find out how it ends! I hate that they did a happy ending and then a cliffhanger clip after the cast credits. Ha, ha.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick