302: Polar Express




As you can see, I have been slacking. I haven't been watching a movie every day and I also haven't been posting every day. I knew that this would happen at some point, I hoped it wouldn't, but it did. I am still watching, I am just slower now. Ha, ha. I need to get back on point. Been busy with other aspects of life and that is fine. Anyways....

Polar Express! I honestly liked Tom Hanks from You've Got Mail and then watching this, he is just a great actor. The behind the scenes, being the conductor, the hobo, Santa and the little boy--even though the voice was an actual little kid and every now and then Josh Hutchinson would step in as the little boy when he was someone else--still pretty cool that they did that. I vaguely remember seeing the book when I was in Elementary school, in the library. The cover of it looks so familiar and I am sure that it was read to my class in some grade. Even though it isn't Christmas, this is still a cute and cozy movie to watch. Christmas plays a big role in this game sure, but there is something else underlying. The lessons of not being afraid of adventure, to play and not always be serious, to believe that anything is possible, the importance of making friends and the smiles that come from that...there is just so much in here. Goes to show it isn't JUST a Christmas movie.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick