301: Pixels




So this movie was pretty appropriate while I was playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I took a break to refuel and rest my brain. With this movie being about video games, it just made me want to jump back in and play some more. I know that this movie didn't do well when it came out, but I honestly love it. The classic video games come to life in a hilarious way and even a cool way. Playing Pac-Man through the streets of New York, Centipede in a soccer field and then Donkey Kong...well in a spaceship. I think to really enjoy this movie, you have to have some knowledge of video games or have played them at some point in your life. That is my opinion though.

I grew up playing video games, my main one was Crash Bandicoot and then we had a Nintendo64 and played 007 all the time and Mario Kart. I even had a friend in Elementary school who had Pac-Man the arcade game in his basement! I was so jealous. I loved going to the movie theaters near my house and playing all the arcade games when we couldn't afford a movie or there wasn't anything we wanted to see. Even going to the Mall nearby--that is no longer there--that had a huge arcade and bringing along my coins to play them.

Nowadays, the world is more system gaming and PC gaming, but I am glad that they have brought back the classic games of the arcade and such, to our living rooms. This movie is all nostalgia, from the music to the games, to the hairstyles. Yes, I am talking about Fireblaster's mullet. I think my favorite part in this movie is definitely the Pac-Man scene and that was also the most intensely detailed part of that movie upon watching the behind the scenes. Pixels makes you love video games more and this will always be a favorite movie to watch for me.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick