299: Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - Dead Man Tell No Tales




The ONLY Pirates of the Caribbean movie that we haven't seen. We are behind. Honestly, this movie was good, but not amazing like its predecessors. I think Johnny maybe had a little of Mad Hatter in his way of acting as Jack, that he didn't have before, and it kind of bugged me. He was still Jack, there was just another something something in there that didn't belong. I did however, love Captain Salazar. He was so good, I mean it was a little distracting with his mouth with the black leaking out and my mom was distracted by his hair until I told her why it was doing that. As if he was still under water. But he was great and I had no idea that he was on the set of Stranger Tides for his wife Penelope and then got asked to be on this one, until I saw the behind the scenes. Funny how things turn out.

There was plenty of humor in this one and that was great, it was not lacking in it and the movies are great with humor. I laughed pretty hard when Jack was spinning with his head in the guillotine, the blade coming close and then thunking away from him. That was SO great. Ha, ha. There is a difference in how this is done compared to the other ones, it still feels like Pirates of the Caribbean, but it isn't as great as it should've and could've been. They should've brought back the previous director or directors from the other movies. My personal opinion. It was just lacking something and I don't know how to describe what it was.

I am curious as to what is to come next, they are currently working on the next one and with how the end credit scene was...my theory is that because all curses are broken, that means that Davy Jones is no longer dead because he was killed and bound to a curse that whoever stabbed his heart, would be the new captain of the Flying Dutchman. With Will's dream he had before he woke up and then panning down the floor where the water and barnacle was....me thinks that my theory is correct. We shall see what they cook up and bring us. The adventure is far from over and it would be cool, like my mom said, "To see him get older and play Jack forever."

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick