298: Pirates of the Caribbean 4 - On Stranger Tides




Wait...NO WILL? NO ELIZABETH? Ha, ha. That's fine. ;) Really, at least I can speak for myself, I come to see Pirates of the Caribbean for Jack Sparrow. It's weird to see Barbossa on the side of the British though, high rank, all fancied up and without a leg. He even lost the Pearl!! Not cool man. I completely understand how Jack felt when he wanted to throttle him before the Duke's men held him back. I think my favorite part of this movie is the fact that they added Mermaids. You know how much I love mermaids! I even have a statue now. I love that this holds more true to the Mermaid mythology and stories, showing that yes they are beautiful, but they are forces to be reckoned with. Just look at how they took down that whole ship that Barbossa had to say was, "Seagulls, nesting."

Penelope Cruz is great in this movie, hilarious and beautiful and also Black Beard's daughter. We have had 3 pirate villains now and I have to think which one is my favorite so far. Barbossa is pretty bomb, but he abandons being a pirate until the very end of this movie. Davy Jones is up there too with glorious wickedness. Black Beard is has a magic ship and sword that is known for ruthlessness. Can I just love them all and be done with it? I can't choose!

Will they also stop being so cruel to The Black Pearl? Can't they just have a happy time with the Pearl, rather than it being stolen from Jack in a mutiny, taken by the Kraken, taken by Barbossa and then taken by Black Beard and shoved into a freaking bottle?????!!!! Apparently not. Poor Jack. :( I do have to say I probably love this movie most and it is just the mermaid factor that pushes it to first. Sorry, but that is the cold hard truth. Mermaids win.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick