289: Percy Jackson & the Olympians - The Lightning Thief




I am late on posting again. Anyways, this movie is another one of those times where I saw the movie, found out it was a book and then read the book. I understand why they changed the ages of the main characters...I guess...I mean I love both of them. I did find it frustrating though that they completely removed Aries from the storyline and then they even removed Clarissa from it too, yeah she shows up in the sequel but seriously. Aries is the real bad guy, even though Luke still is a bad guy, he just isn't THE bad guy. It is a pretty big leap in the ages they chose for the movie compared to the books. 12 year to a 16 year old. Yeah, I know.

This movie brings out my love for mythology though. The fact that it is Greek mythology just makes me bounce with glee. How cool would it be though if Camp Half-Blood were real? I can only dream.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick