279: Nim's Island




As a writer, I can tell you that most times you talk to your character like she does in this movie. Alexandra Rover vs Alex Rover. Yeah you seem crazy, but you get some great material and you live what you are writing. You can tell that the creators of this lived it when it finally came to life. It was how they saw it in their heads. If I wasn't sick right now, I would be writing. This made me want to write more of my book I have been working on. Gerard makes a great dad and also a great action hero, very Indiana Jones. I actually think this movie is pretty cute, anything with animals makes me love it and somehow I can kind of relate to poor Alexandra when all she wants to do is stay inside. I mean I don't feel like she does, I do like going out on adventures but I am more of an introvert.

There are times that I think it would be amazing to have the opportunity that Nim does, living on an island, learning things in a different way and knowing a simpler life and being handy. Yeah she lives on an island with a volcano...I couldn't do that, I mean what if is decides to become active again? Yeah I guess I do sound a little like Alexandra when I say THAT. Ha, ha. But it is a very logical concern. I kind of envy how close to the water she is and how good at being independent she is in the wild. I love water and would love to be living near it like that one day. It's definitely a good movie to watch when you are sick. Feel good.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick