272: New in Town




For a first time seeing this, especially now that I have lived in Minnesota for 2 and a half years, I love this movie. It is super cute and funny. Blanche has Minnesotans down! I will say though that it bothers me a little bit that they have a movie about Minnesota and didn't film here. I mean there are so many landmarks here that are very prominent. The Twin Cities for one. Also the airport they have in this...makes me wonder if they think there is a one near New Ulm that is a private airport, but it looks more like the real airport. I'm sorry but there is so much around the Airport! Mall of America is literally right there, lots of freeways, lots of other buildings and the cities are right there too pretty much. That is what bothered me the most.

When I watched the behind the scenes and found out they filmed in Winnipeg, Canada and them talking about how cold it was for the cameras that they would shut off after 40 something below...if you had just filmed in the state that you have this movie based on you wouldn't have had that problem. New Ulm is also very different than what they showed in this movie and my mom even mentioned when he said that the Mayo Clinic is a few miles away from his house there in New Ulm, she was like..."No. There is no Mayo Clinic there." Just inconsistencies that I think they could have done more research on when creating a movie based in a certain state and a certain town.

I will say that I do love the story, it reminds me a lot of the Disney Channel movie Cowbells. Someone who thinks they are better and dress differently, going to a plant that and area of town that is way different only to learn things and love everyone. Fight for the plant. Even though I picked this movie apart with what is wrong with it, I actually REALLY love this movie after seeing it. Shocker huh? It shows that it is a really good movie, just you wouldn't know right from wrong about everything unless you live in Minnesota or have at least visited it to know the general layout.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick