268: Nanny Diaries




So I did this backwards. I saw the movie, found out there was a book and then read that. I really do like this movie, it's funny, there is a little romance...and then of course you just want it all to work out for the best for The X's. Finding out while reading the book, that this was written by two former nanny's was very interesting. Also the fact that none of this is based on a true story, I totally thought it was. The behind the scenes, they even said that so many people believed it was a true story but it is really just entirely fiction with some slices of truth with the occupation of the nanny. While Annie is trying to find out just who Annie is, she is also helping Mrs. X and Grayer. Mrs. X initially in the end with the nanny cam footage.

I think as a whole we all think like Annie at first, being a nanny or babysitter is easy money. It isn't, there is a lot that goes into it emotionally, mentally and physically. Like the authors said, there are some nanny's out there that are leaving their families behind to take care of other children, while their own children back at home or in their home country are growing up without a mother. No matter when I watch this, I always seem to be in the same position of making sure I am doing what I like. Annie wasn't doing what she loved as a nanny, even though she loved taking care of Grayer, but she was also being an Anthropologist that she minored in and that was all really an accident. The experience helped her find her path and help others in the process.

Honestly, read the book and see the movie. What order you do it in is completely up to you. Either way, I love both.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick