264: My Big Fat Greek Wedding




I love this love story. I can relate to certain things involving family. I have a LOT of extended family, they are all over the place and different personalities. Some loud, some hilarious, some overseas in Germany, some...overly religious and overbearing, some just as married with kids as her own family...I could go on. Don't get me wrong I love my big family, but there are moments that anyone needs a little space from their big family. Ha, ha. That isn't a bad thing either! What I love about this movie is that it is different. I did just realize that there is like 2 wedding movies in a row too...Anyways, off track.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding welcomes you into their household and culture. All in all throughout this movie, you can tell just how much everyone loves Tula. They want the best for her, they want her to be happy like they are being married and they also go out of their way to accommodate her yearning for knowledge and a different way of life. Not to mention the fact that she winds up dating and marrying a non-Greek man, but he even loves her enough to do the same as what her family does for her. He integrated. He has the family that she wants and she has the family that he wants. It works out for both of them. I don't have much else to say, other than you should see this if you love comedy and romance. You should also see this because it is just a great movie. This also just makes me want to go and visit Greece more than I did before. One day I will make it there, hopefully in the next few years. :)

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick