258: Mummy Returns




I have loved this movie since it came out. My mom bought me the small novel that came out after this did, with movie photos in the middle and I had the hugest crush on Brendan Fraiser. I mean yeah Imhotep and Ardeth was strong too, but Brendan really stole the show for me. I loved this movie and book so much that in Elementary school we did these paper bag book reports. We had to put facts and decorate it to tell the story. Well my mom helped me and we did the hot air ship from the movie, we made the bag into the ship part and had the balloon part above made of I want to say tissue paper...I can't remember much about the materials used, just that it was done. I was so proud of my book report, even though it was a movie book, but that shows you just how much I loved this movie.

I really loved this movie also because I was and still am huge into the history and mythology of Ancient Egypt. It was a big favorite of mine and I even have an Anubis statue and Bastet statue from Egypt. I know it isn't like it was back then, but I would still like to visit it someday. My brother even liked this movie, but he liked The Rock and dressed up as him from this for Halloween in Elementary school. I was more into it beyond The Rock and he was heavily into the wrestling phase at that point. My favorite line that I would say all the time when I was little was, "You get a grip, you big trouble, you get in the car."

This movie is definitely in my top 10 movies of favorites and I still remember every detail clearly. I never got into the 1st one when I was little and I haven't seen it since I was little, I imagine I will like it more now, but the sequel will forever hold the top for me.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick