251: Moneyball




I have never seen this movie, this is my mom's and I finally saw it today. I have to say that I do actually like it and I found out that Chris Pratt was in this. Now I live in a state that is very big on sports, especially when it comes to Football and Basebal. Minnesota Twins has been the baseball team I grew up loving and my favorite player was Tori Hunter when he was there. Watching this movie, I can see how people really love the game. It was frustrating and hard on me though watching the field manager and the other guys completely throw Billy under the bus and not use the lineup he wanted. I was also getting frustrated at Billy, because if he wasn't more involved with the team he wouldn't have been walked all over. When he finally took charge and forced the hand of the field manager to do his lineup, that moment was awesome.

I also had no idea that before Billy changed how the game was run and teams were built, I had no idea that they were so cosmetically superficial in choice of player. It makes way more sense to build a team based on the statistics that we have now, then it did then. Watching the behind the scenes, seeing just how much detail they put into this by researching every fine detail that the most hardcore fan could detect was a little mind blowing. The fact that they noticed that as the game went on more players had longer pants and would put the backs of them over the backs of their shoes. Or even that some would make holes in their pants and lace their shoes through them to keep them down.

As someone who prefers to play sports rather than watch them and prefers basketball, I have to say that this has made me see baseball in a new light and makes me want to go to a baseball game to relive my childhood memories of going and hoping to catch a ball. Well mom, I know you read this and can't believe I am saying this, but please take me out to the ball game with you the next time you go.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick