250: Moana




I didn't post this last night because I was tired, so I went to bed. I love this movie so much, I remember when it was available on Netflix that that was the first time I had ever seen the movie. Once I had seen it, I watched it again immediately after. This Disney movie I think is a lot like how I feel about The Little Mermaid. I have always loved water and this movie is so calming and feeds my free soul deep within. When she sings about how far she will go, I feel her love for the ocean and for adventure to the core. I sing along with her and wish I was on that canoe. There is one song on this that gives me chills each time I hear it, it is so powerful and if you ever blast it in your car or headphones the experience is amazing...that song is "We Know Who We Are" when she beats the drums in the cave and learns that her people were Voyagers.

When I watched the behind the scenes, I loved that Disney actually took the time to travel and for 5 years to all the islands in the South Pacific. They really did their homework on this movie and they even had the help and input of the native islanders they visited. The fact that they had a major say in how the movie was made, what someone would do, how they were represented in living, culture and even had a say in how the characters looked on the concept drawings. Watching them in the behind the scenes, you can see those islands and those people in this movie. It makes me love it even more with out much it meant for us to live their culture finally and see just how much they love their community. One day I will voyage out to those islands and visit, become engrossed in their culture even more than what Moana has given a taste of.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick