248: Mirror, Mirror




First thing is first, because he is in this movie..."One cannot simply overthrow the Evil Queen," or, "One cannot simply kill Snow White." Okay, now that Sean Bean is out of the way. :)

I have seen this movie more than 10 times, but less than 20. I was speaking the lines as they were being said, the ones that I loved and just also stuck in my head in the most. What I love about this take on Snow White is the costumes, the scenery and the Bollywood-esque song and dance number at the end of the movie. Interesting fact: Lily Collins recorded the song and didn't tell her dad, Phil Collins, so when he saw the premiere with her he was stunned and very proud. Read that in an interview she gave. Now I know that Snow White was the first animated movie ever made, but I'm gonna be honest...Snow White is the one Disney Princess and movie that I loathe. However, this movie, Snow White & The Huntsman, and Snow White with Sigourney Weaver as the Evil Queen are the only movies that I like. I do also like the Snow White in the television show Once Upon A Time.

One of my favorite parts, which is pretty much half the movie or maybe less than half, is when Armie Hammer portrays the spell of puppy love. He does it so well and when they did the sounds of puppies whimpering, whining and all good things, it was just marvelously hilarious and perfect. I need to hunt down that song now on my iPod and listen to it on repeat. Very easy to have stuck in your head and super catchy. Makes you wanna dance it is that good. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself and maybe the movie too. ;)

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick