247: Million Ways to Die in the West




"Can you give her 'wrapped' candies?"
"People die at the fair."
"Mila Kunis."
"That went south so fast!!!"
"Damn it Albert, no more friends!"

And many more! I have this movie memorized and each time I laugh, it never ceases to be funny. Even the bloopers make me die with laughter. This movie is great at making fun of the old west and those movies, while still being accurate to clothing, music and sets. I mean Seth MacFarlane, I had no idea he was a big fan of old westerns and even though he was making a comedy out of it, he made sure to make a true old western. Now, like I said in the previous post...this movie is not for the faint of heart. If you cannot laugh at literal shit in a hat during a old western draw, this movie is not for you. If you cannot laugh at someone mentioning all the ways the west is a horrible time period to live in with how many ways there is to die, then this movie is not for you. If you cannot even laugh at American culture and other cultures in one bundle of some down right ridiculousness, then this movie is not for you. If you cannot laugh at raunchy sex humor, again this movie is not for you. Let's see...have I covered everything?

Oh yes, if you cannot handle the fact that you cannot afford a mustache and the creams and lotions that go into it like poor Albert can't, then this movie...well this movie might just be for you. Ha, ha. This movie is all about poking fun at literally EVERYTHING! I have said this before, the world should not be a serious place. There are times you just have to laugh at the ridiculousness of things, especially things that people get so serious about.  Seth MacFarlane has always had a way of talking about the uncomfortable and making it hilarious. Now I never got into Family Guy, I did watch it a little bit and I really only watched it for Stewie, but even then it got too far for me to handle. This is probably the one thing of his that I have no problem with. You get some very famous actors in this and comedians, it kind of makes it a hidden gem.

I still remember when we first watched this, when my older brother just died laughing at Albert 'drink and horse.' Get it? How he couldn't stay on the saddle very well and I mean that is my brother, he laughs at sometimes the stupidest of stuff but he has a good sense of humor too. My favorite part in this entire movie, isn't even extremely funny. It is really just a reference that is awesomely made and that is where Doc from Back to the Future is in the old barn/shed working on the DeLorean claiming to be working on a weather experiment. Then Albert leaves and of course it zooms in on Doc and he says the famous line," Great Scott!"

The hardest part about this movie for me is the Mustache song, I always get that in my head and will have it in my head for maybe the rest of the night and into tomorrow. It is so catchy and I even didn't realize that he even said in the movie, "I can't get that Mustache song out of my head." He did that cruelly on purpose. Anyways, I could talk about this movie all night and I have done that before when telling someone how much they need to see it. However, like I said it is not for the faint of heart for all the reasons I have listed above. Thanks for reading and goodnight everyone!

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick