244: Max Payne




The main lesson to learn from this movie, is that if you are friends with someone and you lie to them about hurting their family...it will come back to bite you. It doesn't even have to be their family, it could be just them. I like how this movie makes you think it has a supernatural element to it with the Valkyrie's that are being seen. Really it is all the effects of the drug that was made to create a super soldier. No fear, no pain, just all out power. I haven't seen this movie since 2009 when it was released on DVD, but I do remember seeing it in theaters with my friends and finding out later on that my brother was in the same theater as me all the way at the top. It was when I came home that night to tell him how awesome it was that he said yeah, I was there too. "Did you stay for the end credits scene?" I had no idea there was one. Why? Because end credit scenes weren't even a thing yet!!

I have never played the video game that inspired this movie, I am not for first person shooter games unless it is Destiny or Halo. I know, shame on me, whatever. I have heard it all, even from working at Gamestop when I did. I do like this movie, it is like a thriller that you want to find out who dun it basically. Action packed and thought provoking. I am sad that they never followed it up with a sequel, if you have seen the end credits scene you know they set it up for him and Mona to go after the head of the pharmaceuticals company. I guess we will never know.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick