243: Matchmaker




Well, despite the politics in this movie...I do like it for the fact that it is different and finds herself some love and helps the Senator to go on the right path and find love himself. I also had to look up the Matchmaker Festival that they reference in this movie to see if it was true. It was! It apparently has been going on for 160 years in Ireland and people from all around the world come to find love, dance, listen to music and have a good laugh. I have decided that if I still haven't met someone in a couple years, I will find a way to go to this festival. I have always wanted to venture to Ireland and maybe see some other countries too. Might turn it into a trip if it gets there.

I have only seen this movie...let's see, this is my second time. It is my mom's movie. I actually like it, but I don't think I would go out of my way to purchase it for myself. It is definitely a feel good movie and I can see me borrowing it from her from time to time. Finding love in a different land and finding it when you were not even looking for it. The world works in mysterious ways and she got some good friends out of the trip and some amazing experiences. I wish it had ended on a different note though, like her going back to Ireland rather than them just kissing outside of the building where the Senator won the election for President. Somehow that just kills the mood for me and doesn't give me any idea as to what happens next. I mean of course they are together, but you know. Closure. I like a nice bow on it. Just my opinion.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick