239: Man of the House




I haven't seen this since it came out on VHS. I used to watch this movie so much, it was where I got the love for "Everybody Dance Now" and "Return to Innocence." This movie was a classic Disney movie, even though there are some things mentioned that wouldn't be caught dead in a Disney movie nowadays. Then again, that is Chevy Chase for ya. I love the creativity in this movie, them creating art in the living room and his mom being an artist. She was even creating a windmill of some sort using a bike wheel and shovel heads. I loved the Native American theme in this movie, but I think they could have had more actual Native American's in the film rather than the one they did have. I mean one? Really? Just one?

It is kind of like scouts but for boys and their dads, learning to bond and learning wilderness skills on top of it, bow and arrow...tomahawk throwing. That kind of thing. I do like this movie because he finally gets a dad, someone who cares about him and his mom. Someone who wants to be a part of the family, rather than leaving with his secretary like his dad did in the beginning. All I can say is if you haven't seen this movie, you should.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick