227: Lone Ranger




"High ho silver, away!"

I know that this movie caused controversy with Johnny Depp playing Tonto, but I honestly think he did a good job in this movie. Now do I think that they could've found a really good Native American actor to play him, known or unknown, well definitely. It would have made it amazing if they had done that! But I do like the movie because it is funny, it is well written, well directed and that overture...man that overture is long, but it is intense. You can't not kind of bounce a little up and down when it starts on the famous part everyone knows. I didn't grow up watching the original show, my mom did and I know that when we first saw this when it came out she loved it. I think if I remember correctly she wanted to watch the show again. Ha, ha.

If they do a sequel, it would be nice to see the Lone Ranger and Tonto continue on more adventures. There is definitely more and with the railroad causing issues throughout the country, there is more corruption that is done in the name of good to be stopped. They did kind of leave it with the possibility of more stories to be told as in the credits they are riding off to do more and then even after that is another credit scene with old Tonto walking off towards the rock formations of the West. Methinks there is more to be done there and we still don't know about whether the Lone Ranger goes back to be with his old flame and his nephew once he has finished his quest of being a spirit walker. So many ends that need to be tied up, I guess you could say it is a pet peeve of mine when there are loose ends in life, movies or books. Everything can't be wrapped in a bow though.

Tori M.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick