223: Little Mermaid





This movie is my life, in the sense that it has held as my top 2 favorite movies since I was really little. I have the original movie poster that came out when the movie did, it is framed and in my room. I have pajama bottoms and necklaces from the movie. I have a comforter that is the Little Mermaid when it first came out. I have another comforter that is the same color as her tail and I would lay it out and roll my legs in it to watch the movie to be Ariel. I even had a pool growing up all through Elementary school and had scuba flippers and would put them on and pretend I was a mermaid. It was awesome. I was quoting the movie while watching it, singing it and in the various voices. This movie has anchored into my very being and will never let go.

Watching the making of the movie was cool to see, especially because the animation department of Walt Disney at the time had been banned from the studio set and moved to a parking lot a few blocks down. It was under new management after Walt died and animation was almost dead for the world with the new runners. Finding out that this movie was the revival of it all and pretty much paved the way for the success in animation once the great man himself was gone. It was time consuming and the people wanted fast results. I am glad that this movie was made and proved that it was still worth the time and money.

I still would love to be a mermaid and am a mermaid in my soul. If someone asked me what I would wish for, I would be a mermaid. I will always believe in them, especially since the stories had to come from somewhere and we still have not discovered every species or even everything in general in the oceans with the how vast they are. Ariel might want to be a part of our world, but I want to be a part of the world she is so willing to give up.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick