221: Lion King




Who else sung Circle of Life in their choir? That is really the only reason I know the words to that song and I will never forget my choir teacher standing in front of us over enunciating the words so we would know how to say it. It really is a cool song, especially when you have it in a choir setting. I had the opportunity to see this when Broadway traveled here over a year ago and let me tell you it will give you chills. I remember my mom would always tell me in my life how when I was 2 years old I turned around to her when Mufasa was dead and told her, "Please don't die mommy." Somehow I took away from that moment that my mom could die and I didn't want her to.

I do like this movie, but I don't watch it that often. Why? Because it is sad with Simba on the run thinking he was the reason his father died when really his uncle was just plain evil. What is even worse is that watching this, I know what real lions do when it comes to pride's, their young males and stuff. A little disturbing when you realize that technically Nala is his half-sister. Then again they don't really care too much about that kind of thing in real life in the wild. Timon and Pumba will forever steal the show though and you can tell they did because they made a Lion King 1 1/2 where they pretty much run the whole thing. They also had a show on Disney channel following their adventures and I would watch that a lot.

I love Disney and I do like Lion King, I just don't find it to be in my top 10 favorites with the seriousness it brings about with Mufasa and Scar. Makes me a little uncomfortable and that is fine, that is my own opinion. I might have "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" stuck in my head the rest of the day though. Hope everyone in the U.S. is having a good 4th of July and to everyone else, have a great Wednesday!!!! Hakuna Matata!

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick