220: Lilo & Stitch




I am obsessed with Stitch and this movie. I know all the lyrics to Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride, have a giant Stitch stuffed animal from Disney World, two t-shirts--one with Lilo dressed as Robin holding Stitch on her shoulders with him dressed with the bra on his head and the towel as a cape talking to Batman saying who is really Batman, and Stitch where he is half Stitch and half Venom-Stitch. I remember when I was in Elementary school and this movie came out, I went to a birthday party and we watched this. It was Hawaiian themed and there was a hula contest to get a fake grass skirt, fake lei's for your head, neck and wrists. I was so into this movie that I won the hula contest and the lyric. I was very competitive when it came to that night and Lilo & Stitch. Sad. I know.

My mom did point out in the beginning of the movie on where Stitch was going to pop out of hyperdrive and I can't believe I never realized it until now. They mentioned it as Area 51, so we are known as Area 51 to the aliens in this movie which is hilarious. This movie is hilarious and cute. I would love to have Stitch, maybe not as a pet though. He is more work than my 2 cats and dog. I also found it cool in the special features that they went to a hula school and recorded, observed and made sure they got the actual moves right. When they played the recording and their animation side by side it was amazing how perfectly in sync and exact it was.

I'm glad I can appreciate this movie more now that I am older, being able to understand more of what was done in the behind the scenes and stuff. My love has grown for this.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick