210: Labyrinth





David Bowie! Even though I was young, I had a huge crush on him in this movie. It all in the way he looked too and the way he acted. I kind of had a thing for older guys when I was really little, ha, ha. This movie has all the feels and nostalgia. The music which was awesome and you can tell just how old it is when you watch it and then the way they did Hoggle and the puppets. If you haven't seen the making of this movie, you really should. It is really cool how they executed everything. I will say though that my least favorite part of this movie is The Fire Gang. They are so creepy. They have always freaked me out with the disembodiment they do constantly. Also the way they move, when you watch the behind the scenes and find out that the puppet is on a black body suit that people would wear to do it...

There are just some things that have stayed with me from this movie, like whenever someone says, "Don't go that way," I think of the labyrinth worm. Or when someone says, "That's not fair." I love that Jareth pointed it out to her on just how much she says it and wonders what her comparison of fairness is. Ah, the teenage mind. This movie is still a classic and so unique on thought and the way it was done. This will always be in one of my favorites. RIP David Bowie. You will always 'remind us of the babe'.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick