198: Just Go With It




When a lie has just gone too far, you just have to go with it. What is so funny about this movie is just the ridiculous lengths that are taken in getting the girl he thinks is the one, only to find out that his friend and assistant who helps him with his fake life is who he actually loves. Two hilarious people...well I mean I should add who played Eddie, because he is just comedy gold with the sheep selling, the accent, the sheep resuscitation and the costume for the role of Dolph but not the one from Rocky. Also another movie in Hawaii. I went from a dinosaur movie shot in Hawaii, to a normal movie shot in Hawaii. Hawaii is a very popular place to film movies, there is a trend I am seeing.

I think also that I do love that things get mended as the movie goes along. The kids that have an absent dad that doesn't want to spend time with them, a guy that doesn't want to get his heart broken but still is kind of searching for someone to love, same with the girl, and then there is Devlin. Katherine lying to her old college roommate and same with Devlin on not wanting to appear dull and like their lives are a failure. Always competing and one upping. Yeah poor Palmer most likely didn't find out that she had been lied to by Danny, otherwise I don't think she would have taken the kids out to ice cream, but I am glad that she found someone who was more like her and perfect for her even on the plane ride home. N'sync lovers unite.

There are moments that the humor in this go to that uncomfortable place, but that is what you get with Adam Sandler sometimes and pretty much with a lot of comedians. You never know what will be hilarious to people, but you can't please everyone. I do like this movie, it is super funny and I can't imagine how hard it was to try and keep a straight face around those two comedians on set.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick