196: Jupiter Ascending




Okay so right off the bat I am going to say I only saw this once when it came out on DVD and I haven't touched it since. I mean I liked it the first time, but at the same time it was really weird and didn't make much sense to me. Then again I was pretty sick at the time and I mean anything is weird and doesn't make sense when you have sick brain. It puts you in a fog. Well watching it for the second time, pausing it not far into it to google it and kind of hope for a better idea of how to understand it, then continued it...I actually like it. I mean it is out there, it is a whole new idea and I had no idea until we watched the behind the scenes that this was created and directed by the same people who brought us The Matrix.

It really helped even more with the behind the scenes to understand that it was kind of like Dorothy, Alice and Cinderella trying to find themselves when they are not happy in their world and to come back after their experiences and care for their lives more than they did. Kind of like no longer taking it for granted. There was also a funny while we were watching, I had to pause the movie because I knew the voice of the rat guy who was the servant of Balem. It was bugging me really bad. When I saw the picture of the guy I was like, "That is Mr. Segundus!" You know, from Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell that I watched earlier. Then watching the behind the scenes it got even better when we found out that the guy who played the winged lizard henchman of Balem, was the butler from Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell.

The odds are kind of funny and out there when you think about it, since that was what...the first of the J's and we are on the first J U of the J's? I think I might like this more than my mom, it is her movie and I might commandeer it just because I understand more than I did and I like weird, unusual and fascinating movies. I think this movie will continue to grow on me the more I watch it, kind of an Into the Woods scenario that I mentioned in that post.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick