195: Jumper




I would love to be able to jump around places like they do in this movie. I know that in the wrong hands this ability could be disastrous, but watching it I was just super jealous that he could instantly jump to the pyramids, go to London, be in Rome...I would love to have this ability to see the places in the world that I want to learn more about. Egypt, Italy, England, Scotland, Iceland, Greece, Germany...I could go on and on honestly. I always loved learning more about other countries that I did about the US in school. It is older and there is some amazing architecture that you just don't see here in the states. Also I have relatives in Germany and would love to be able to see them face to face and see where my grandmother grew up before she came over.

You don't really see Hayden Christensen in things anymore, not as much as when he was in Star Wars episode 2 and 3. He kind of boomed and then disappeared. He was really good and then of course I forgot that Rachel Bilson was in this, I know her from Hart of Dixie. 💓

Also watching the behind the scenes, watching them figure out how to jump someone and the process going into scientific ways of, "Would jumping disturb the environment around the subject when they came and went?", "Would jumping leave a rip/scar in the space time continuum?" Stop motion and visual fx that make this movie feel like it is actually happening and real. I mean I thought they filmed on some of the locations they jumped to. Guess what? They did not! It was all CGI. And they even had multiple doubles to do the stop motion fighting to film a sequence that huge. This movie really is amazing and it has been years since I have seen it. Seeing it again and learning more about it afterwards just made it even cooler to know the process and love the movie more.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick