194: Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle




2nd time seeing this since December when it came out. I forgot how ridiculously funny it is and Kevin Hart just has the best lines ever! "I dropped the jewel. I knew we needed it. We're in a pickle." And then you get Dwayne playing a scared of everything teenager and that is something you don't see, ever. He did it so well and was always, except for one time at the beginning, the first one to run away when conflict arose. Don't even get me started on Jack Black...he nailed a teenage self absorbed girl so well! Then the dance fighting and just the fighting in general. They did a good job of the humor and I loved that they paid tribute to Robin Williams with the hideout and having it say 'Alan Parrish was here'.

They actually did this movie justice when they came out with it, I was worried it wasn't going to and that is the worry with sequels with anything. I'm glad it proved at least me wrong. It will never hold a light to the original, because nothing can, but the times have changed and Jumanji must too in order to continue to wreak havoc on society.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick