193: Jumanji




"STAMPEDE!"

I have to get this out of the way...who else had the board game from this movie? I did and I had anxiety every time we played it. Also back in Junior High, I opened up the board game to play it and found a dead spider inside the game. I pretty much closed it back up, put it in the donate/get rid of pile we had and said, "Nope. Nope." The scene with the spiders still had me uncomfortable and itching! I had a love/fear relationship with this movie growing up. It is funny but also pretty dark. Looking at the animatronic lion and pelican they made for it, you can see the wild madness that they painted into the eyes. Not your regular lion or pelican you know, these are from a harsher world known as Jumanji.

I don't fear it as much as I did when I was younger, I mean now I am 25 I can honestly say I have seen way scarier things. So now there is nothing but love for this movie and the greatness that Robin Williams did in it and since. I loved watching the special features, something that I had never been able to do back when it was on VHS and DVD's didn't exist. I still would never play the game if I ever saw it, especially if I saw one that looked like the one in the movie. I know there are ones out there like that too. I would be in awe and yet keep a safe distance. Call me superstitious, but there is just some things you shouldn't do. Anyways, I think that is all the movies I am going to watch today. So sleep well world and hopefully I won't dream of becoming one with the floor.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick