191: Josie and the Pussycats




I haven't seen this in a good 5 years and I forgot how much I loved it! I still remember all the songs, after all I do still own the soundtrack. I actually did forget how much branding is in this movie, yeah it is mainly about their rise to fame and wanting to be famous, but it is also about subliminal messages hidden in music to get people to buy things. Du Jour though...it brings back fond memories of being addicted to Backstreet Boys and N'sync and they did a great job of mimicking the music and stuff with them. Also I have seen a lot of patterns on owning movies with the sames actors in them! Du Jour big time on that one.

When I was little I wanted to be a rockstar and it didn't help that my dad taught guitar and I grew up with music running in my veins. Cousins, grandparents, parents, etc. This movie really made me want to be just like Josie and the Pussycats. I wanted a band with friends just as close as them and I remember I really wanted to have hair just like Josie. Sassy red and short. I can't pull off short hair though, it took one time when I was little just how different people are with their faces and hair. I was in a huge song writing phase when this came out too, I mean I tried it before and then this came into the world and my song writing boomed to pretty much every day and every single moment I had a pen and paper in Elementary school.

Watching it now, I still love it but I know more than I did then. I had chased that dream like they did and I got as much of it without becoming famous to know that is not what I wanted to be. If you have a dream, go for it! Because you might find that is really what you want or not. You should be able to live it and be able to say that.. Not everyone gets to or finds the drive to make it happen. This was my first introduction to Riverdale, but I don't know if I will actually watch the tv show that everyone likes. I would really only watch it for Josie and that is not enough for me. So I will stick with this movie and the awesome music! Gonna dig out my CD!

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick