182: Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus





It has been a couple years since I have seen this last and I had no idea until I watched it this time, that Heath had died during the production of this movie. I had no idea also that he was financially backing the movie and that the idea to have 3 different actors replace him in the Imaginarium was due to his death. Also that 2 of the 3 of those actors were very dear friends of his. It makes me love this movie even more!! I know it is a little weird and different, but I love how it kind of lets you escape and shows that you can go to another world to choose your path. Albeit that path could lead to death or enlightenment and all because of a wager between a monk and the devil....I do like that it is a movie that you have never seen before. There is comedy and plenty of deceiving going on, but there is more to it than meets the eye.

In the end the bet is done, a liar and cheater of death and money has been put to justice, a girl with dreams of a happy normal life and a reformed gambling drunken monk find a happy ending. Well maybe not so happy ending for the 2nd listed, ha, ha. I do recommend this movie if you like out of the ordinary and love all the actors in this movie. You might question why you are watching it and what on earth you are seeing, but some of the best movies do that. Some of the best actors do that and they happen to be in this. Rest in peace Heath Ledger, as well as Vern Troyer who passed earlier this year. 💓

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick