180: Ice Age




I forgot how funny and cute this movie was. I haven't seen it in years and then finding out the voices of all of them was amazing. Also, as an adult I realized they threw in some stuff in there that only an adult would know. For instance, when they saw the frozen space ship in the 'short cut' and then the baby did the Star Trek hand gesture for 'live long and prosper'. I kind of died, that was really funny! Also I love that squirrel, I still have my blue beanie with him on it for winter time. I feel so bad for him though, he just wants to find a save place to hide his nut so he can come back to it and it never works out. Even in the end when he winds up on the beach of an island, frozen in ice with his acorn, and slowly thawing out only for it to get swept away by the tide.

For me, the squirrel steals the show and yeah I can say that it is great that the outcasts of the big ice age have come together to find their own herd of sorts while trying to save a baby. But that squirrel...I mean even Sid does the same thing! Of course I didn't really love this movie that much when I was younger and I am okay with having only seen this one and not the many others that have followed. I can see it happening in the future, but in the meantime I am content with what started it all. :)

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick