171: Holiday in the Sun




I have not seen this movie in years!!!! I remember when I first saw it when it came out and how badly this made me want to go to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. Right off the bat though, this is not going to be a glowing post. I did love the storyline and the location of the film, but as for the directing with how the camera was used and the music...it bombed, tanked, sunk to the deep bowels of the earth that no one dare go. It made us motion sick with how it was never dead on the cast, it was always sideways, zooming in and out, going from color to black and white, to up close and suddenly changing scenes and heavily used transitions. I had to look up who the director was on this movie and found out that his whole career is basically directing live concert films. He should stick to that. Yeah, he did a few other Mary-Kate and Ashley stuff like the You're Invited...episodes and a couple other films.

*head desk* I cannot express to you just how bad the camera angles were. It is above and beyond. I will say that I do miss the old Mary-Kate and Ashley. There is a huge difference in then and now. I know that the industry and expectations of growing up in the limelight can change people and affect them. I still like their old stuff and I even owned a knit long cardigan cover coat thing...I can't describe it beyond that. I loved that article of clothing to death, even had an Ashley barbie doll. They were so iconic in my growing up and I am glad that they are happy and doing what they love without letting the stress get to them. At least I hope that they are, what do I know?

I think that it will be hard to watch this movie again, just because of the way it was filmed, but I would definitely watch it again and keep it because it is a childhood favorite and the story was actually pretty cute. You can't like everything and things always change!

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick