170: Holiday




There is always one feel good movie that you watch over and over again until you can quote it while watching it. This is one of them. My mom and I love this movie, a little too much. We quote it while we watch it, laugh each time, cry each time and fall in love each time. This movie is one of the rare occasions that I love Jack Black, it shows that there is more to him than what you think. Also, I mean, Jude Law...and Jude Law as a dad. Watching the behind the scenes and knowing that he was a father of 3 at the time, I can really see why he was so good with the kids in the movie! Mr. Knapkinhead and all his talk about sewing and owning a cow in his backyard.

The whole magical majesty of going somewhere new, exchanging homes with a complete stranger--that is not a psycho or creep--finding yourself and love in the process I think speaks to every person who is single and has been single for some time looking for the right one. We did kind of adapt a new tradition into the family from this movie with doing 'Christmas fettuccine'. Before we used to do Christmas stroganoff and that was good too, but we haven't done that in a few years since my grandma passed away--my mom's mom.

No matter what I am going through in my life, ups or downs I can always turn to this movie to find comfort, feel at home inside and relaxed. Now I depart with this very true quote of Iris, "You should be the leading lady in your own life." Never settle and never take the backseat. You are all worth more than being stuck as the supporting actor or friend in the movie of your life.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick