159: The Help



You is kind, you is smart and you is important. I think everyone needs to remember this and say this about themselves, no matter what race, where you come from, or who you are. I remember when this first came out, I was working at a new movie theater nearby my house and people were coming out saying just how amazing it was. When I finally saw it for myself, I couldn't have agreed more with how truly amazing this movie is and the book it is based off of. I have read the book and loved it. I have watched the movie and loved it just as much. This will be one of my favorites just for the fact that it brings people together and shows that there are good people in the world seeking to help others.

It shows a past that saddens me and I know that on some level, we are still fighting as a whole for equality and just common decency and respect. I think everyone loves the part where Minnie feeds Hilly a pie full of her own shit. "You ate not one, but two pieces!!" I also love that Minnie finds Celia in her life, who treats her like she deserves to be. Like anyone does. And it also turns out that Celia needed Minnie just as much in her life. Both gave each other courage and security. Though I would have liked for Skeeter to have her happy ending with Stewart, I think it was best for her to not be with him. She needs someone outside of her hometown, someone who will respect what she has done, wants to do and who she is without making her feel alone or outcast.

I did realize while watching this that the editor in chief of the Jackson Journal was Leslie from Will & Grace and I couldn't imagine anyone else in either role but him. He is perfect. This movie is really good and down to earth and the tears will fall where Constantine and the end is concerned. You could tell just how much Abileen means to Elizabeth, a lot like how much Constantine mattered to Skeeter and her mother. They were family.

So now I would like to thank all of you in the world, for being who you are and reading this as I go on my journey. I love you, even though I don't know you, but remember...you is kind, you is smart and you is important.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick