153: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix




Hagrid has a brother??? Okay, ha, ha, half brother but that is not the whole plot of the movie. I have never hated someone more in my life than I do Umbridge. She is rotten and irritating with her ahem and high cough and that actress did a great job of being horrible. Now, in the book she was worse to me it seemed than in the movie, but they did a good job of portraying just how dastardly she is. This was the last book of Harry Potter I read, I loved it so much and then seeing it in theaters with high expectations and being let down...I know now why you should never go into a movie with high expectations, especially when it is based off of a book. Also I love Snape, I still have a crush on him and always will I expect.

Watching this again, knowing what is going to happen in the next coming movies, I am glad that J.K. Rowling brought back the Wizarding World. Even though Harry, Ron and Hermoine are not back, I think we all need magic in our lives. This gives us the escape from reality and you can relate to what is going in their lives. Even though they are in a world with magic, Harry is not believed in this movie that Voldemort is back and that Cedric was murdered by him. They don't believe in Dumbledore and they want to think that Harry is an attention seeker. It sucks that it takes the news of disappearances and horrible storms and things happening for his fellow classmates to say, "Hey I think you might be right. Can you teach us how to defend ourselves?"

We all feel at some point that what we say or do seems like attention seeking or even lies by others. Whether it is your own peers or family. We have all at one point been bullied by someone who thinks they know better, are older than you or even in a higher position in life. Harry overcame that in this movie with the help of his friends and teachers/people who cared about him. There is always someone out there for you too. Harry not only gives us a new world to escape to and live in, but he gives us some great sage advice in the face of problems. Gives hope and that really shows in this movie in particular when he struggles. You don't realize these things until you are older or have gone through the same stuff and watching this again I did realize this personally.

So maybe I will try and read all of the books in the near future, rather than leaving it at 2,3 and 5. There is apparently a lot more to learn from Harry than meets the eye. Sleep well everyone and dream of wonderful things.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick