144: Grown Ups




This movie is a blast. You can tell while watching this and the special features, just how much fun they had on set. Adam and his friends, because that is what they are. Ball busting, pestering and not-censored group of comedians. I love how this movie is not just a reunion of pals, it is also about getting back to the good ol' days of playing outside and finding something to do besides looking at your phone or watching tv. I mean that literally is what happens to the kids in this film, what with Adam's kids in this being spoiled and not appreciating what his dad has been trying to teach them. Even his wife in the movie learns that there is more to family and focusing on the moment and life, that she comes back to earth. Yeah, she did basically ruin the Tooth Fairy for her daughter when she realized it, but I mean...those moments tend to happen.

There are times when how they are being friends, it makes me cringe with how harsh they get on the ribbing. But I have noticed that guys, especially really good guy friends, tend to do that. Can we also talk about David Spade's hair? I am a woman and he has lustrous hair and volume that most would kill for. Seriously David...what is your secret? Also watching this, I realized that the wife in this movie of Kevin was the owner of the bar in Coyote Ugly. I normally wouldn't know that, but I have been noticing a trend in my movie goal in how many times a certain actor shows up. Either I like the movies they are in, or they just happen to be drawn toward those genres.

Now that Spring has finally hit here, this was a nice movie to get amped for the hotter weather coming and hopefully going out to the lakes nearby. Gonna have to wait for that though till next month, almost done being sick. Before I know it, I will be just like these wild "grown ups" skipping rocks and enjoying nature with lots of laughs.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick