143: Groundhog Day



I think by now you know I am pretty honest. I don't like this movie. I said I hated it, but I think dislike is more appropriate and the reason being is that I just don't like Bill Murray as a lead. When he is supporting, he is not that bad, there are others to kind of balance him out. My mom loves this movie, but I can't stand it. Not saying that it is bad, because everyone else is fine, I just do not like Bill Murray. Ghostbusters he is great, in Charlie's Angels...great. But again, he had other main characters beside him or he was supporting in a small part. I know it is supposed to be about a guy that is a massive jerk who has to learn a lesson and turn a new leaf. I can't explain it, but I just don't like it. I COULD say that it is because of what he does before he becomes good, or even when he is good he is kind of smug, or the fact that it would drive me nuts and does drive me nuts to live the same day over and over again watching him do selfish things. That is only touching on a small knowledge of why I don't like it, the rest I honestly don't know. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Opinions these days tend to offend people left and right, if you like this movie that is beyond fine. That is great! Like I said in my other posts, "No one likes the same movies all the time," and that is not precisely how I worded it, but generally what was said. This is just one person's view of this movie and this actor. My mom loves it, yet she hates the song "I Got You Babe" used in the movie. *shrugs* Everyone is different. Now I am going to go to bed, or at least get ready and maybe play a small word game now that I am doing a little bit better as the day went on. Whatever happens, I just hope that I don't dream I am reliving the same day over and over again for years. Then again, I have felt like I have for 2 weeks being sick. Wake up, feel like crap, throw up, die on the couch, be completely void of thought, bathroom, go to bed and then repeat it all over again....a little ironic that the goal and this movie happens to hit at this point in time.

Who else has been feeling like their days are repeating in a loop?

Over and out.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick