142: Grease




There are quite a few movies that I grew up on and this was a BIG one. We would listen to the soundtrack in the car all the time, I learned how to harmonize with this on Summer Night and The Kinley's as well, but this still gets credit on learning. Whenever Look At Me I'm Sandra Dee came out, we got silly and would mimic Rizzo. I remember skipping over the Beauty School Drop Out song because we didn't like it--still don't *shudders*. Every now and then the Brusha Brusha song would get stuck in our heads, especially nowadays. I love this movie so much and who didn't have a big time crush on John Travolta in this or even Kenickie his best friend?

Growing up with this, I would act out the scenes with Sandy walking around my living room singing her sorrows outside Frenchie's at the slumber party, talking about the guy she met over Summer vacation, deciding to let go of her good girl image to be with Danny and then sassing it up at the school fair. One time my best friend Jessica in elementary came over and we watched and sang with Grease, choosing who was going to sing which part. This movie and musical has a lot of good memories tied to it. It didn't help that my mom was and still is a car buff, so this was a staple in the household with Grease Lighting. I know all the words and terms they use while they are fixing her up in shop class. Thanks to my mom. So mom, I know you are reading this, thank you for introducing this to my life. This was one of the 2 main musicals that influenced me in my life and I wound up and imaginative and musical child.

Of course my dad didn't help in that matter either, he teaches guitar and put me in garage bands growing up. Cars, music and creativity, it runs in my blood and family. Can't get away from it. I think I have spoken enough, if you haven't seen this masterpiece go and rent it or buy it. Even see it at your local theater or on Broadway! I'm ready to go to Rydell High and hand jive.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick