141: Goosebumps



I remember that when I was younger, I was actually scared of Goosebumps. I read maybe 2 and that was more than enough for me. The one that scared me the most was called 'Welcome to Horrorland'. I mean most of the covers scared me when I was younger that I steered clear of them, but I remember watching the episodes they had on television and the Horrorland was the one that pretty much sealed the deal for me. Nope, no more. Then you rush years later when this comes out...and I love it. The only part that I don't like is the clown, I HATE clowns--the exception being the Joker and the clown from Nightmare Before Christmas, I know that is weird of me. There are only a handful of movies that I like of Jack Black's, just because he can be so raunchy that it makes me uncomfortable, but he has been sort of mellowing it out as the years go.

What I love the most about this movie is that it involves the actual author being in the movie and his stories coming to life. Yes, the ACTUAL author makes an appearance at the end at the school when he passes by them and says "Good Morning Mr. Stine" and then Jack said "Good Morning Mr. Black". I thought that was kind of funny that they did that and clever too. The effects are amazing and I love the part where they are getting chased by the giant bug and they keep telling him how to drive. "Do you want to drive? I will pull over right now." Sadly, my mom owns this movie, it is on my Amazon Game/Movie wishlist. I hear they are coming out with a sequel this year in October...found out it was also about Horrorland, the one that scared me as a kid. Ha, ha. But I also heard that there isn't really much known about the movie, they don't even know if Jack Black is going to reprise his role. He said he wanted to, but then you have to factor in if he is shooting a movie right now. Which I believe he is.

How could they not have him back in the movie? October seems a little too soon and a little rushed, especially if they don't have him back as R.L. Stine. Personally, you shouldn't make a sequel and not have him in it. Like my mom said, it would be like doing a sequel of Pirates of the Caribbean and not have Johnny Depp. It just simply won't do. Well now to watch another movie, this time a musical. Can you guess what it is before I post about it?? Here is a hint: It starts with a G. ;)

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick