139: Good Luck Chuck



I have seen this movie a handful of times. Dane Cook is hilarious! One day I would love to see one of his shows in person, but have never had the time to do so or the money. So I watch movies that have him in it or his specials on Comedy Central once in a while. Now I own the Unrated version of this, because at the time there was not the normal option when I bought it and that is fine. It may be...what is the word...it definitely is one of those movies that is not afraid of showing and telling the nature of how life goes. Ha, ha. But I love how Charlie is just a normal guy who wants to feel love and hasn't had the opportunity until Cam. A clumsy, bad luck, penguin loving girl. He has the good luck, but not really for him, of whenever he is with a woman they wind up getting married to Mr. Right after they leave him.

So we have a bad luck and a good luck. Usually that says that they could balance each other out, but Charlie is worried that with how his "good luck" has been found to be true, that he will lose Cam. The one he has been falling for. It seems that when there are movies like this, there is always that best friend who basically says "dude, bone and use the gift you have". The best friend that doesn't really talk much sense in the best interest of his friend who wants to be with Cam. He wants to "be a monogamous penguin". A good part of the population wants to find their penguin, or lobster...depending on the movie/show you are watching. ;)

I am still looking for mine and I'm still young. So in the meantime, I will finish watching Charlie court Cam while trying to get over his "luck". 40 minutes to go of the film!

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick