136: Ginger Snaps



Another one bites the dust. I was watching this again and I used to really like it when I first got it maybe 6 or 7 years ago. My friend from Canada had recommended it because it had werewolves. At the time I was also fighting some problems with depression that I hadn't had help for. Now that I am in a good place and made the effort to really watch it to make sure I wanted it and for old times sake...I am going to be releasing it from my ownership. I still like werewolves, but the darkness that is heavily imbued in this film has actually become too much for me. The gore will never be a problem, but the heavy dark topics that the two sisters go through and are fascinated have made my stomach clench.

I will say that the werewolf aspect was great and it was well written, the effects not so much, but it was made in 1999 so I can't be too picky on that. It might be a hard one to shake for me, just because it brought up some memories of when I was not happy and going through a tough time in life with depression. Just goes to show that this movie goal is a good thing, helping me realize my past based on some of the movies I bought back then and weeding out what I know I won't watch again. A little bit of a personal cleanse as well as de-cluttering. I will say that I STILL might want the 3rd movie of Ginger Snaps, just because it is set back in the dark ages and I love that time period. Maybe I will rent it first though to avoid a mistake if it winds up being that way.

Have a good night people and thanks for joining me.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick