131: Ghosts of Girlfriends Past



When there is a new take on A Christmas Carol, you not only have a rich guy, but you also have a player. Someone who learns to become unattached to women and living all the good things in life with none of the heartbreak. Matthew McConaughy is actually a pretty funny and good looking man. He is perfect for this role. Coming up on this movie again in the goal just made me realize how much I actually kind of like this movie. I found it actually kind of funny that when they went into the past for him, Jenny (Jennifer Garner's character) was played by the same girl who played her back in 13 Going On 30. I guess if you find someone who works and looks close enough to the actress, why not use her for another past sequence in a different movie?

This movie kind of makes me look back into my own past, not so much in the way of Connor but more so in Jenny's character. Now I never knew anyone like Connor as the player, but I knew someone as the good guy he was before his uncle took the reins in teaching him about life. Another romantic comedy with a twist on a classic, but it still makes me wonder...where is the happy ending for me? Most movies end in happy endings and when you are single...and I mean very single, have been single for years...you begin to question these unrealistic but hopeful notions. Also writing this during a blizzard right now when it should be Spring and near the end of kicking a 2nd round of the flu to the curb. So there is going to be a movie marathon today! Stay tuned!!

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick