130: Ghostbusters 2016




As a fan of the original, I can say that they really did a good job of paying homage to it. References and bringing back the original cast as much as that they could...RIP Egon (notice the beginning with the statue). I really like that it is a group of women. I admit that at first when I first heard about it via Ernie Hudson off his Facebook, I was as skeptical as he was. Then I saw it and couldn't stop laughing and loving it. I remember on the ride home from the theater my mom and I could not stop talking about it. Each comedian that took up the roll on the team made their own mark in the present time and day that the Ghostbusters were thrust into. The effects on the ghosts were stunning and you can tell that we have come a long way when you watch the 1st and 2nd to the remake.

The part that maybe made me laugh the most and related to the most was when Patty told the mannequins to not move. I hate dolls myself and that part...she voiced all my thoughts and feelings. I know that many didn't like the movie and it didn't do very well in theaters, but when you like something you like something. No one likes the same stuff on a major scale and Ghostbusters remake, along with Daredevil and Batman & Robin are the ones that I favor over the majority. I honestly have to say though that I am jealous of Holtz (Kate Mackinnon) and her ray "guns". I saw that and wanted them, an upgrade to capturing ghosts and taking names. Who you gonna call?

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick