345: Shanghai Noon



"Uno mas?"

I know I have said this about a lot of movies before now, but if you seriously haven't seen this movie...you must see it. It's Western meets Eastern in an action packed comedy. You get a bathtub drinking game, a bar brawl, a silly horse and two men who are complete opposites but somehow work well together. The only reason why I know, "Uno mas?" is because of this movie. Sure, I would have learned it eventually in life, but this was my first introduction to it and the meaning. My favorite movie with Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson, but sadly not my favorite with Lucy Lui. She is just like Jackie Chan in martial arts and they really didn't utilize her. Yeah, I get it. She's the princess. She is just so much more! Proves that with wanting to stay and help her people who have been put into slavery in a new country.

Also, can I just say that Jackie rocks the long hair? I mean when it is loose and cut. He rocks any length really, but the western look suits him and cool to find out how much he really loves Westerns! Seeing the process of this movie, with how much the director let Jackie do his thing with ideas and fighting, storyline...this man can do it all. Like it was said in the special features, you get someone who does all his own stunts and then you get Owen Wilson who wants to be known for doing no stunts in the same movie. It is just pretty funny.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick