295: Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl




I have seen this movie so many times. I quote it while watching and just out in life, I love the soundtrack. It is on my iPod. Let me tell you, you haven't lived an adventure until you are blasting the music from when Elizabeth is being jostled around my skeletal pirates on the Black Pearl, going through a canyon at 80 mph next to a freaking semi, coming down a hill. Yes. I will never forget that trip and neither will my mom. We were kind of laughing with how it was matching up very well with what was going on around us.

When this first came out, I remember everyone loved Orlando Bloom. I was the one who loved Johnny Depp in this movie out of all my friends and classmates. Watching this again, especially since right now I am playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag, it made me want to play that game and in turn when I was playing that game I wanted to watch this movie. Thankfully it all coincided. I have never been to Disneyland and been on that ride, I have only been to DisneyWorld because my grandpa lives in Florida for half the year. I have seen videos of people on the ride though, filming as they went along and it was cool to see some little pieces that were used in the movie.

Even the behind the scenes was amazing. It isn't like I hadn't seen it before now, I just forgot most of the information. It is really cool to find out how they did the digital effects that were so new and innovative with the pirates in the moonlight. I am jealous that they actually had a real ship to work with for most of it and loved that they employed the locals near where they were shooting. Little facts like Johnny wearing contacts that were like sunglasses so then he wasn't squinting in the sun while filming...the black pearl and the interceptor built on two barges for things they couldn't use the real ship for...same with model ships for explosions and stormy sea weather that would otherwise be too dangerous.

There is so much more that I am not touching on and I implore you to go hunt it down in your movie collections and watch the behind the scenes. You will not be disappointed.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick