169: Hocus Pocus




I think my favorite part of this movie is when they step out of the walk in kiln or furnace at the high school and Winifred walks out asking, "Where is my book?" and then speaks the term in French like the audio tape that lured them in there. That was pure gold. I can't believe I didn't notice that before, but you know I haven't really watched this in years. Yet another Kenny Ortega movie and very memorable and many great quotes. "Amuck, Amuck, Amuck!" "Oh look, another glorious morning. Makes me sick!" "I smell a child."

And even the not so memorable quotes, but good quotes nonetheless...."What took you so long Thackery?" "I'm sorry Emily, I had to wait 300 years for a virgin to light a black flame candle."

There were some inconsistencies though while watching. Like how does Winifred know what a driver's permit is, or how do they know what margarine is and even more that aren't what is said but what is done with Billy. No way does he have skin, teeth, tongue or eyes still. Just saying. I do love this movie. Tail end of the 90's, but I think this one is going to start becoming one of my own favorites after watching it this time around. I do love Halloween and now that I am older, I think the Sanderson sisters have definitely put a spell on me.

Tori M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

397-461 The End

168: Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

327: Riddick